Thursday, June 5, 2008

Namyoya


We started the 2 hours trip to Namoya this morning. The road leading to Namyoya is so bad (we wouldn't even call it a road hear), we needed to get of of the bus and walk. We got a short distance and were greated by the scene above. All the children came out of school to great us. They treated us like celebrities. I must have shaken 15-20 little kids hands. It was a wonderful moment. We then were greeted by a parade of ladies from Namyoya who showered us with hugs.




I got to meet Pastor Dave (above).

Half the roof on the new churh was completed.


We moved bricks for the Pastors new house, got water from a watering hole that was more like a mud puddle, and moved the tin for the church's new roof.

Along the trip to the water hole, I discovered the giant black ants. Thy were blocking our path (there were that many of them) so I thounght I could ust run through them. Wrong. They are faster than me. I had a few run up my leg and when they bite, they burow their heads in. Feels kinda like a bee sting. I decided tha these ants are not my favorite.

The entire day was amazing. The people of Namyoya are so beauiful and God really showed up today. I am blessed to be here and love the people of Namyoya. They are so welcoming and so appreciative to see us.

I will write more soon (the Internet works sporadically so I will post before it quits).

2 comments:

Chris said...

Bro -

You saw Indiana Jones... You should know better than to tempt the large ants :o)

Oh... Except that was in South America...

And... A movie :o)

Glad things are going well!

-Chris

Murphy said...

Too bad the ants in Uganda aren't CGI. :p